70 Tips To Make Your Site Popular
- If you're launching a new site, write an introduction and submit it to
share sites like Digg, Reddit and Now Public.
- Have your friends tag your best work in Digg. This is a site that allows
people to vote or and against articles. Your friends can help you move
your article in the right direction. If your article is good it can
bring a lot of visitors.
- Encourage readers to Digg authority articles. If they like the article
or post they will vote for it for you (it takes a few seconds).
- Create a Yahoo Group in the niche of your site.
- Create a MySpace account. You can publicise your site by it.
- Bookmark your site on Del.icio.us and add it as button to your homepage.
- Create a Technorati account.
- Use Technorati Tags. It gathers the latest blog entries and organizes
them into categories. In order to get into the right Technorati
categories, you have to tag your blog entries. That way you will be
exposed to other bloggers and webmasters that can link to you. To create
a Technorati Tags use the Tag Generator tool. The only thing you have to
do is to type the keyword, and the tool will make the code for the tag.
- Submit you site to free search engine directories.
- Place a free ad for your company on Gumtree.
- Sign up to StumbleUpon and get your friends to Stumble your site.
- Write an article and submit it to article sites.
- Submit your site to DMOZ.org. It's worth it.
- Offer your users every possible way to contact you.( MSN, Skype, Yahoo
etc all complement email, phone and a real address.)
- Don't worry about PageRank.
- Create a sitemap of your site and submit it to Google Index.
- Use your Google Account for Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics,
- Get a t-shirt with your website url on it, and wear it often.
- Ask a young, large breasted lady to wear one too.
- Sign up with an affiliate programme to sell your product, or if you're a
publisher, make some cash!
- We offer you manual submission your site to 200 directories only for
- YouTube and Google Video are excellent portals on which to launch a
- You can contribute to related subject areas on Wikipedia
- Ask bloggers and other website owners to review your site.
- Tell your local newspaper about your site. These are desperate for
- Publicise your site on related forums.
- Have a Sitemap on your site. It not only allows users to navigate around
quickly but also aid the search engines.
- Creating list-posts. People love linking to such stuff- Top 10 rules to
become a winner, Top 5 Internet Marketing Gurus. Your list-post should
be placed on a prominent location on your site.
- Comment on other blogs. Always fill in the URL box for the owner to find
your site. Answering other people's questions gets them excited and that
is an effective way to spark an online rambling about you and your site.
- Respond to comments that are left on your blog. When people's questions
are answered, you become the authority. People can't help but link to
- Respond to your email. Be kind, be cool and help people with their
questions. Being helpful to others will earn you respect and link love.
- Link out to other blogs. If you link to interesting articles on other
blogs, they will link back to interesting articles that you have.
- Get a MyBlogLog account. Bloggers go there to meet each other and find
new blogging friends.
- Start a MyBlogLog.com Community. Creating your own community allows
members to join. Be social and invite members to join your community.
This exposes a lot more bloggers to your site.
- Read your posts before publishing. Make sure they are correct before you
show them to the world. Make sure your writing is easy to read and
- Run spell check. It may sound stupid, but it helps you avoid spelling
- Submit articles to article sites. They will allow you to place a link to
your site at the bottom of the article. You can write an article about
anything in your field in about 500 words.
- Write testimonials for sites whose services have helped you. They often
turn into links, and the webmasters will surely check out your site.
- Alert friends when you create something that will help them. If so they
should definitely give you some link love.
- We offer you manual submission your site to 1000 directories only for
- Answer people's questions on Yahoo Answers. If you don't already have a
resource on your site that will help answer a question, create one. Link
to from Yahoo! Answers. You have a link, and valuable content for your
- Answer questions on Google Groups. It is similar to Yahoo Answers.
- Submit to free web directories. They are lists of thousands of sites.
One of them should be you!
- Submit to blog directories. They are thousands of blogs, listed in
- You can submit to paid directories - if you have a certain budget.
- Create a Wikipedia Page about yourself. That way you will gain some
exposure that will lead to additional links.
- Create a Squidoo Page about yourself.
- Join the Better Business Bureau - for this one you have to have a
- Join local clubs that have websites and include a link on your member's
- Donate to an online charity. When making adonation use the name of your
- Place an ad in Craiglist. It is a very large, online classified site.
- Start a few more blogs. You can create free blogs on www.blogspot.com/Blogspot.
Give your main blog a link once in a while. You could even update the
blogs once a week.
- Encourage your friends to start blogs. It can work out great for your
- Buy links. You can use a service like Text Link Ads to purchase and rent
- Rent links. It is the same as buying links except the links won't be
permanent. Usually you pay monthly for this type.
- Buy posts from other bloggers. you can buy posts through services like
Pay Per Post and ReviewMe.
- Donate some time every week to hold question(Q) and answer (A) sessions
for beginners in your area. They'll link to you.
- Add a link to your site in the signature of the forums you post on.
- Use free advertising! Tell your friends about your site.
- Find quality blogs and leave a comment with a link back to your site.
- If you want a Flash homepage, make sure you have a "Skip Intro" link.
- Use the local community sports teams' for cheap, but highly effective
- Ask bloggers to write about your site for a link of course.
- Submit stories to news sites. Even huge sites accept stories from free
- Review products on other sites like e Pinions. You can quickly establish
yourself as an expert by writing thorough reviews of products in your
field. Some of the traffic that hits your review will follow the trail
back to your site, leading to links.
- If you don't have any friends, get some quickly.
- Comment on online newspapers. Most of the writers will follow the trail
back to your site.
- Use forums and discussion boards. The best way to answer people's
questions is by creating a short walkthrough on your site that teaches
them. Show them where to find it and you have yourself a link.
- Ask your local, public library to link to you with their website.
- Check for local government directories - it is easy to get into local,